Friday, December 6, 2013

You Are Valuable

So often I try and find my value and my worth in everything but God. I look to things or to other people to tell me how valuable I am. I wonder what other people think about me. Am I pretty enough? Am I funny enough? Am I too quiet? Am I even wanted? These questions often flood my mind and consume my thoughts. I want others to define my value. 

But, my friends, me having these thoughts is so silly. I say this because in the end we will all stand before God and He has the final say over who we are and what our value is. And of course we are valuable because we were all created by God and belong to Him.
 
In 2 Corinthians 4:18 it says "For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever." Meaning that earthly things will eventually perish and if our value is rooted in earthly things then our value will perish with those things. Then where do we go? But if our value is in Heaven and we submit our thoughts to what God says about us, then we can know that our value is eternal! 

In Matthew 6:19-21, Jesus explains this point clearly. “Don’t store up treasures here on earth, where moths eat them and rust destroys them, and where thieves break in and steal. Store your treasures in Heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be."

People will fails us, things will go away, but God and His thoughts of us are eternal. Look to Him always. Whenever you are doubting who you are, remember God has already told you! You were bought with a price. Christ died for you so that you could live in freedom. Freedom from lies and doubt. You are worthy because He has said you are. He has chosen you. You are valuable.

"Those who look to Him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame." Psalm 34:5


No comments:

Post a Comment