Wednesday, October 9, 2013

He Won't Let Go


I remember the first time I took my nephew, Cade, to the lake. He was so excited to go, but once we got there, he realized he couldn't go very far before he could no longer touch the bottom. I told him that I could carry him out but he was too scared. I assured him over and over again that he would be safe and that I would not let him go. He finally agreed that I could take him out a little ways. I walked deeper and deeper and Cade gripped onto me for dear life, looking terrified. He started crying a little bit at one point so I just stood still long enough for him to see that he was fine and that I was not letting him go. He started realizing that he was okay and that I was not going to let him fall into the water. He slowly released his super tight grip on me and started enjoying the waters. I was swaying him back and forth with his legs freely moving about the water and he started laughing. He loved it! After a while, I could not get him to go back to shore. He was loving being out in the water, enjoying it, safe in my arms. 

I feel like this story is the perfect description of how we are a lot if times with Jesus. I know for me, God reassures me repeatedly that I will be okay and that He is carrying me, but I still have so much fear inside of me. I grip tightly onto Jesus and I am not sure if He will drop me or let me go. I can't fully trust Him. But eventually, after some crying and doubting, I realize that He was right all along. I realize that I can actually trust in Him and that He will not let me fall. He will not loosen His grip and He will guide me the whole way. And when I do finally trust in Him, I love His plan for me! It always turns out way better than I could ever have imagined! 

Trust in God today. No matter what He is telling you or where He is guiding you. Trust Him. Step out into the unknown with Him...into the deep waters. He promises that He will carry you the whole way and that the end result will be the best thing for you. He won't let go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment