Sunday, December 2, 2012

God Will Reward Those Who Sincerely Seek Him

Hello to everyone who is reading this. Thank you for following my blog. I am pretty new to this but I wanted to start a blog so people could follow me easily on this next chapter of my life. I am pretty excited about it, actually I am beyond excited about it. I feel like this new year coming up is going to be a brand new fresh season for me. God is doing something huge in my heart and in my life.

Lately, God has been speaking to me a lot about having wholehearted devotion and obedience to Him and what that looks like for me in my own life. You see, I love being comfortable, way too much. So much so that it is completely drawing me away from my dependence on my loving Heavenly Father. When I am so comfortable in my everyday life and when I have each of my days planned out perfectly, it leaves no room for me to trust Jesus because I don't really need to. I already know everything that is going to happen. I know that I will have food to eat, enough money in my bank account, a warm bed, a hot shower, people who love me and care for me and good health. Everything is perfect.

Now while there is nothing wrong with all these lovely things, there is something wrong when I become so dependent on them that it draws me away from depending on my Savior. God  is taking me into a place where He is seriously asking me how much I crave those things over His full love and devotion. And to be honest, most of the time I would rather have all of those comforts and know exactly what is going to happen throughout each day. But Jesus is asking me, "What if I took all those things away from you? Would I be enough to sustain you? Would my love be enough for you?" Those are questions that I am seriously asking myself and where God is seriously challenging me in.

I want my life to reflect God in all faucets. I want my life to glorify Him. Every piece of it. I want to know Him fuller. I want to experience Him more. I want to delight in Jesus at all times whether that be good or bad, poor or rich. I want to abandon my whole life to Him like so many of my brothers and sisters around the world who risk their lives every single day to worship Him and all they have IS Him. I want to be a part of people who are risking it all for Him. I am so tired of living day to day and not seeking God with my whole heart because I know that I am safe and secure.

For the sake of more than a billion people today who have YET to even hear the Gospel, I want to risk it all. For the sake of my life, my family, and the people who surround me, I want to risk it all. I want Jesus' love alone to be enough in my life. I want His love to sustain me through everything, even if that means I am no longer comfortable. I need to depend on Him for everything and if I don't, I will get lost in all the 'stuff.' I will lose sight of my purpose.

In about a week, I am leaving for a country where the majority of the people have no idea that there is a Savior who loves them, who died for them and who has rescued them from the chains of this world. I can no longer be selfish in my own comforts. There are people out there that need to hear the truth and if I am too lazy to risk my whole life because I fear leaving behind things I am familiar with, then there is something wrong in my heart. This is truly what Jesus meant when He said “if any of you wants to be My follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross daily, and follow me." (Luke 9:23)

I don't want to waste my life on anything that isn't pleasing to my Father. I want to live in uncompromising, unconditional abandonment to a gracious, loving Savior who invites me to take radical risks and He promises me radical reward in the end. God never promised that it would be easy, but He did promise a life full of satisfaction and fulfillment to anyone who follows Him with their whole heart and devotion.

"And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to Him must believe that God exists and that He rewards those who sincerely seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

1 comment:

  1. Wow I love the depth and description you get into when you talk about surrendering to God to the fullest. It makes me super psyched to drop everything that is not of the kingdom of God. This blog made me hungry. Thank you so much for sharing Carrie! I look forward to watching you surrender more and more each day in China!

    ReplyDelete